Who is Eno Barony in Ghana?
Known in private life as Ruth Adjoa Amankwah Nyame Adom, Eno Barony is a Ghanaian hip hop artiste, songwriter, and entrepreneur.
The African Rap Goddess is the first female rapper to be nominated twice in the “Rapper Of The Year” award category of the Ghana Music Awards scheme which has been male-dominated since its inception in 2000.
She shot to prominence after releasing her debut single, “Wats Ma Name”, and her remix version of “Tonga”, originally performed by Joey B featuring Sarkodie in 2014.
The “Yaa Asantewa” rapper was nominated in the first edition of the “Unsung Category” of the 2014 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
The African Rap Goddess is currently signed to Magic Mindx Music Group record label.
Date Of Birth
Ruth Adjoa Amankwah Nyame Adom aka Eno Barony was born on Wednesday, October 30th, 1991.
The “King of Queens” rapper, Eno Barony is currently 31 years and will be 32 come October this year, 2023.
Eno Barony was born to Reverend Abraham Nyame Adom and the late Ms Rebecca Nyame Adom in Tema, Accra.
In 2015, Eno’s biological mother, Ms Rebecca Nyame Adom sadly passed on.
According to Eno, her father — who is a Reverend Minister — wanted her to be a Gospel musician and not a secular rapper.
Eno Barony currently manages the school her late mum left behind.
Senior High School Education
Eno started her early education at Shallom preparatory school and continued her lower primary education at Cambridge Academy.
She completed her Junior High School at Methodist JHS before proceeding to the Methodist Day Secondary School in Tema for her senior high school education.
For her tertiary education, Eno Barony ended up at the Kumasi Polytechnic University in the Ashanti Region of Ghana where she studied Marketing.
The boyfriend of Eno Barony is not publicly known but rumour has it that, the “King Of Queens” rapper is currently dating one of her managers.
Eno has been able to keep her love life very private ever since she became popular in the music industry.
Whilst in senior high school, Eno used to do freestyles with her male counterparts.
She started her rap career in Kumasi after participating in a rap competition on Solid FM (formerly known as KFM) which was named “Freestyle Friday” with James Oberko aka the Jamester as the host.
At the end of the rap completion, Eno was adjudged the second best.
In 2014, Eno released her first single, “Wats Ma Name”, and her remix version of Joey B’s “Tonga” which received massive airplay.
In 2015, she dropped hit singles like “Megye Wo Boy” which featured good old Abrewa Nana.
After months of mourning the death of her mother, Eno released a new hip hop song titled “The Best” which featured multiple award-winning Togolese Mcee and Togocel’s Brand Ambassador, Mic Flammez.
In 2016, she released another banger titled “Daawa” which featured African Dancehall King, Shatta Wale.
She followed it up in the same year (2016) with a collaboration with rapper Kwaw Kese to release the single titled, “GARI”.
In 2017, rapper Eno dropped two singles, “Touch the Body” featuring Stonebwoy, and “King of Queens” which featured Medikal.
Other songs she released in 2017 were “Juice Me” and “Obiaa Ba Ny3” which featured the late Ebony Reigns.
Controversies: Eno Barony beefs Sista Afia & Freda Rhymz
On April 22nd, 2020, Sista Afia first released a new rap song titled “WMT (Wo Maame Tw3)” which was said to be a diss song to the likes of Sister Derby (Deborah), Wendy Shay, or any other ‘concerned’ person.
Freda Rhymz reacted to Sista Afia’s WMT by releasing a track titled “KMT (Komot)” on April 27th, 2020, which also served as a diss song to Eno Barony.
Eno Barony also responded with some ‘punches’ to both Sista Afia and Freda Rhymz with the release of her rap song titled, “Rap Goddess” on May 1st, 2020.
Sista Afia came back strongly with the release of “You Got Nerves” on May 5, 2020 that really touched the nerves of Eno Barony and Freda Rhymz.
Then came the bombshell, “Argument Done” by Eno Barony which was released on May 8th, 2020.
Eno Barony’s “Argument Done” which was pregnant with heavy punchlines delivered to Medikal — who was alleged to have ghost-written Sista Afia’s “You Got Nerves” lyrics — truly lived up to its billing by finally getting the argument done.
Freda Rhymz also dropped “Point Of Correction” on May 11th, 2020 to ‘address’ Sista Afia’s “You Got Nerves” and Eno Barony’s “Argument Done”.
What followed the release of “Point Of Correction” was a physical banter that ensued between Freda Rhymz and Sista Afia on the premises of TV3 Network.
The feud between Sista Afia and Freda Rhymz was finally settled by Nana Ama McBrown on the United Showbiz program aired on UTV.
- Yaa Asantewaa (2017)
- “Juicy Me”
- “Wats Ma Name”
- “Mene Woaa” featuring Yaa Pono
- “Drive Me Crazy”
- “Love and Pain” featuring Kesse
- “Megye Wo Boy” featuring Abrewa Nana
- “Daawa” featuring Shatta Wale
- “The Best” featuring Mic Flammez
- “Touch the Body” featuring Stonebwoy
- “King of Queens” featuring Medikal
- “Obiaa Ba Ny3” featuring Ebony Reigns
- “Gari” featuring Kwaw Kese
- “Fear No Man”
- “Beauty and The Beast”
- “Do Something”
- “Do Something” Remix featuring Wendy Shay
- “Heavy Load”
- “Mind Your Business” featuring Kofi Mole
- “Falling In Love”
- “Voice Of Truth” featuring Akwaboah
- Rap Goddess (2020)
- Argument Done (2020)
- Force Them To Play Nonsense ft. Sister Derby & Strongman (2020)
- 2020 — Eno Barony performed with Strongman at the 2020 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- 2020 — Eno Barony gave a Live Performance at the Ghana Music Awards USA (GMA_USA)
- May 2017 — Ghana Meets Naija Concert, at the Accra International Conference Centre where she made the music commissioner
- 2017 — Akwambo Music Festival
- 2017 — Rapperholic Concert
- 2015 — She performed on the Ghana Music Week Festival for the third time in a row
- 2013 — GOtv Launch Street Party in Kumasi
- Eno performed alongside Popcaan and Jah Vinci at the Ghana Music Week held at the Accra Sports Stadium
- Eno Barony headlined the Closeup festival alongside Ghanaian rapper, Sarkodie
- Eno performed at the Ghana DJ Awards and at the Ghana Freedom Concert (S Concert)
- Eno Barony headlined the Joy FM Old School reunion alongside Stonebwoy and also, participated in Adom FM’s Temafest in 2016 alongside other artistes.
Awards and Nominations
- 2020 — Best Female Rap Act in Africa — @African Muzik Magazine Awards (AFRIMMA) — Winner!
- 2020 — Rapper Of The Year — @Ghana Music Awards USA (GMA_USA) — Winner!
- 2019 — Best Female Rapper Of The Year — @ghanaactorsentertainersawards — Winner!
- 2020 — Best Female Rap Act — @All Africa Music Awards (AFRIMMA) — Nominated
- 2020 — Best Rapper — @ Vodafone Ghana Music Awards — Nominated
- 2018 — Best Rapper — @ Vodafone Ghana Music Awards — Nominated
- 2015 — Best Hip-Hop Video (“The Best” feat. Mic Flammez) — @4Syte Music Video Awards — Nominated
- 2015 — Best New Act — @Viasat1’s Jigwe Awards — Nominated
- 2014 — Unsung Category @Vodafone Ghana Music Awards — Nominated
@eno_barony OR https://www.instagram.com/eno_barony/
For Bookings call: +233246000300
email: enobarony4africa@ gmail.com
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com