Mr. Abdul Malik Kweku Baako Jnr and Mr. Kwesi Pratt Jnr are two great Ghanaian media personalities who have contributed immensely to the current democratic dispensation being enjoyed in Ghana today.
The valuable contributions made by these two distinguished Senior Journalists in the fight for freedom of the Ghanaian media today can’t be measured at all.
Both Kweku and Kwesi, who at some point in time were considered as ‘twin’ brothers, have made their mark in Ghana’s political history.
Today, the two media gurus serve as role models for the young generation.
BieGyaNation.Com presents to you the things the two have in common, and their differences:
The things Kweku Baako Jnr (KB) & Kwesi Pratt Jnr (KP) have in common:
- Both Kweku Baako Jnr and Kwesi Pratt Jnr as journalists suffered a lot as freedom fighters under the military regime of former president, Flight Lieutenant Jerry John Rawlings.
- The two are Ghana’s most fearless and daring journalists who have almost always damned the consequences of using whatever means to get whatever they want, journalistically speaking.
- They both own and manage their respective newspapers. (Kwesi Pratt Jnr owns the Insight newspaper. Kweku Baako Jnr owns the New Crusading Guide newspaper).
- The two are highly accomplished and very experienced Ghanaian journalists.
- They are both members of the Convention People’s Party (CPP).
- They’re very deep, politically, and have informed & independent opinions.
- The two who have been social commentators for a long time both on radio and television are very critical in analyzing sociopolitical issues.
- The two are by-products and ‘students’ of the ideologies of the late Dr. Kwame Nkrumah who was the founder of CPP.
- Politically speaking, the two have come a long way to be regarded as very influential personalities in Ghana.
- Both are honest sociopolitical commentators who are quick to admit their faults whenever they’re alerted or prompted.
- Both men have vast political experience in Ghana’s history to articulate and make their respective arguments.
- The two media gurus are, unarguably, the best journalists Ghana has ever had.
Here are the differences between Kweku Baako Jnr (KB) & Kwesi Pratt Jnr (KP):
- Whilst Kwesi Pratt was born on September 7th, 1953, Kweku Baako Jnr was born on July 7th, 1954.
- Kwesi Pratt Jnr is 10 months older than Kweku Baako Jnr.
- They were both born on the 7th day but in different months.
- After tΘrturing the two under the military rule, former president Jerry John Rawlings once publicly described Kwesi Pratt Jnr as the Best Journalist, and even conferred on him the title, “Dr. Dr.”, whilst to date, he (Jerry John Rawlings ) does not see eye to eye with Kweku Baako Jnr.
- In 1999, Kweku Baako Jnr was awarded the ‘Journalist of the Year’ by the Ghana Journalists Association.
- Kwesi Pratt Jnr is to Radio Gold (pro-NDC station); and Kweku Baako Jnr is to ‘Newsfile’ on Joy FM (pro-NPP station).
- Whereas Kwesi Pratt is somewhat slow in his delivery, Kweku Baako is very aggressive in his submission.
- Kwesi Pratt Jnr can’t make his submission without mentioning his ‘signature tune’, “Massa”.
- Kweku Baako Jnr also can’t end a sentence in his submission without saying “…and things” especially when he’s giving examples to support his argument.
- Although they are both CPP members, Kwesi Pratt’s political persuasion tilts in favour of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), whilst that of Kweku Baako’s political persuasion is tilted towards the New Patriotic Party (NPP).
- Whereas Kweku Baako Jnr is the editor-in-chief and owner of the New Crusading Guide newspaper, Kwesi Pratt Jnr is the managing editor and owner of the Insight newspaper.
- Kweku baako Jnr’s line of argument is very local and limited to NPP-NDC politics whilst that of Kwesi Pratt is somewhat global in his political persuasion.
- Kweku Baako Jnr hardly gives his submission without making references to documents in his possession which he always claim to have intercepted whilst Kwesi Pratt can do a nonstop presentation without referring to any document.
- Whereas Kweku Baako almost always defends the interests of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwesi Pratt fights and defends the interests of Ghana and the many poor people.
- Kwesi Pratt Jnr still remains a true Nkrumaist and a Pan-Africanist whilst Kweku Baako’s has been very ‘shaky’ as he keeps having interc0urse with the ruling governing party, NPP.
Source: George Awiadem Maclean & BieGyaNation.Com