Richie Mensah Biography:
Born Richard Mensah, Richie is an accomplished Ghanaian singer, record producer, musician, and songwriter.
He is the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Lynx Entertainment Ghana Limited.
The award-winning Ghanaian music producer has produced records for several artistes and distinguished himself as one of the best singers.
Richie released his first album titled “All of Me” in 2008 and has ever since won many awards both as a singer and record producer.
“U know the Name Right — UKNR” is the signature tune to easily identify Richie in any song produced by him.
- Richie Mensah Biography:
- Age & Date of Birth of Richie
- Early Life, SHS & NIIT Education
- Music Career
- Establishment of Lynx Entertainment Record Label which now manages Kuami Eugene, KiDi & DopeNation
- Top artistes Richie has produced music for
- Hit songs produced by Richie
- Awards & Nominations
Age & Date of Birth of Richie
The smooth Ghanaian singer was born on Saturday, May 17th, 1986.
The “Yaaro” hit-maker is 33 years of age and will soon be 34 come May this year (2020).
Early Life, SHS & NIIT Education
Richie Mensah — who was once touted as the youngest Ghanaian CEO — was born in Accra, Ghana.
He had his senior high education at Achimota Senior High School in Accra where he completed in 2003.
He continued and enrolled at the NIIT institution in Accra where he studied Computer Software Engineering.
After completion, Richie went into full time music production and singing.
At age six, Richie had already started performing wonders with his brother and sister at local entertainment variety shows in Accra.
His interest in music production and singing as a career began to manifest at the time he was studying Science at Achimota Senior High School in Accra.
After graduation, he began producing music whilst he had enrolled and was studying Computer Software Engineering at NIIT, Accra.
In 2008, Richie released his debut album titled “All of Me” which had hit singles like “Frema”, “When I Get You”, and “Dirty Dance”.
In May 2010, Richie’s sophomore album “UKNR — U know the Name Right” was released and had hit singles like “Yaaro”, “Asa Fofro” featuring SK Blinks, “Ma Nim Ton” featuring Tinny and ‘Intoxicated’ which featured UK-based Ghanaian star, Sway.
In February 2012, Richie released “Changing Faces”, with the first single from his third album also titled Changing Faces.
Richie has been a mentor on MTN’s Hitmaker program which is by far Ghana’s biggest music talent show.
Richie Mensah continues to nurture young talent and has therefore established “Lynx School of Arts” — a performing arts school in Ghana meant for talented persons with the need to join and make a huge impact on the Ghanaian entertainment business.
In January 2017, Richie was appointed Director of Music and Industry Standards by the Musicians Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) to work with MUSIGA’s newly established Membership and Business Development Office and lead on their industry standardization efforts.
Establishment of Lynx Entertainment Record Label which now manages Kuami Eugene, KiDi & DopeNation
In 2006, Richie set up Lynx Entertainment and signed himself as the first artiste on his own record label.
The first batch of artistes he signed to his record label were ASEM, OJ Blaq, Irene Logan, Eazzy, Zigi, and MzVee who all made it big.
In 2010, the artistes on the Lynx Entertainment record label — Richie, ASEM, OJ Blaq, Eazzy, and Zigi — collaborated on Africa’s Moment, which was featured on Hello Afrika, Sony Music’s release in conjunction with the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
The song was also made part of the Vodafone advert that staged the first ever flashmob in West Africa.
In July 2011, Lynx Entertainment released its Back 2 Zero album.
The album featured all the artistes on the record label as well as several renowned Ghanaian musicians including Gyedu Blay-Ambolley, Tinny, V.I.P, Okyeame Kwame, Efya, Trigmatic, Sonni Balli, EL, Jael Wiafe, Ayigbe Edem, and Iwan.
In 2012, Richie signed an all female group called D3 to his Lynx Entertainment record label.
The group released hit singles such as ‘Good Girls Gone Bad’ and ‘Gyani Gyani’ before splitting at the end of 2013 due to educational commitments.
The lead singer of the group, MzVee was subsequently signed to the record label as a solo artiste and has since moved on to release two albums, “Revelation” in 2014 and “Verified” in 2015
Top artistes Richie has produced music for
Richie Mensah has a tall list of artistes he has produced music for both locally and internationally.
The known ones include Okyeame Kwame, Tinny, VIP, Praye, Bradez (Flowking Stone & Kunta Kinte), Irene Logan and Jane (now Efya), Obour, Becca, and several other bigwigs in the music industry in Ghana.
For the signed artistes on his Lynx entertainment Record label, the notable hit songs Richie produced were, “Frema” by Richie (himself), “Pigaro” by Asem, “Runaway” Irene ft. Asem, “Wengeze” by Eazzy, “No More Kpayor” by Asem, “You Say Wey Tin” by Zigi, and “One Gal” by Eazzy ft. Richie.
Richie also worked on “Originality”, the third album of Nigerian R&B star, Faze.
Hit songs produced by Richie
These are just few of the notable hit songs Richie has produced:
- “Woso” — by Okyeame Kwame
- “Simple” — by Bradez (Flowking Stone & Kunta Kinte)
- “Gimme Blow” — by Asem
- “You Say Wey Tin” —- by Zigi
- “Frema” — by Richie
- “Pigaro” — by Asem
- “Runaway” —- by Irene ft. Asem
- “Wengeze” — by Eazzy
- “No More Kpayor” — by Asem
- “One Gal” — by Eazzy ft. Richie
Awards & Nominations
- 2011 — Best Choreography for “Asa Fofro” — @4syte Music Video Awards (Winner)
- 2011 — Hip Hop Song of the Year — @Ghana Music Awards — (Nominated)
- 2011 — Best Editing for “Intoxicated” — @4syte Music Video Awards (Nominated)
- 2011 — Best Collaborationfor “One Gal” — @4syte Music Video Awards —(Nominated)
- 2010 — Producer of the Year — @Ghana Music Awards — (Winner)
- 2010 — Best Male Video for “When I get You” — @4syte Music Video Awards — (Nominated)
- 2010 — Best Choreography for “When I get You” — @4syte Music Video Awards — (Nominated)
- 2010 — Best Collaboration for “The Game” — @4syte Music Video Awards — (Nominated)
- 2009 — Male Music Star of the Year — @Joy FM’s Nite with the Stars — (Winner)
- 2009 — Producer of the Year — @Ghana Music Awards — (Winner)
- 2009 — Record Label of the Year for “Lynx Entertainment” — @Ghana Music Awards — (Winner)
- 2009 — Discovery of the Year — @Ghana Music Awards — (Nominated)
- 2009 — Best Male Vocal Performance for his song “Frema” — @Ghana Music Awards — (Nominated)
- 2009 — Afro Pop Song of the Year for “Frema” — @Ghana Music Awards — (Nominated)
- 2009 — Collaboration of the Year for “Woso” — @Ghana Music Awards — (Nominated)
Richie Mensah (Lynx Entertainment) Official Facebook Account:
@richie.lynx or https://www.facebook.com/richie.lynx/
Richie Mensah (Lynx Entertainment) Official Instagram Account:
@richiemensahgh or https://www.instagram.com/richiemensahgh/
Richie Mensah (Lynx Entertainment) Official Twitter Account:
@richiemensahgh or https://twitter.com/richiemensahgh
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com