Known privately as Joseph Bulley, Magnom is a Ghanaian record producer, sound engineer, and a recording artiste whose works cut across the board from Hip hop to dancehall and so on.
He has since gone ahead to produce more hit songs for many Ghanaian artistes.
Magnom is well known for the popular song, My Baby which features Ghanaian rapper, Joey B.
Early Life of Magnom
Magnom who was born to a music loving father and mother in Accra started life as a rapper before becoming the best record producer we know today.
He was initially a member of the rap duo “Dream Team” which had fellow rapper, Asem as the other member.
Magnom switched from rapping to music production when he came across a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) that made him realize he could produce more records for others.
JHS, SHS & University Education
For his junior high education, Magnom attended Christ The King junior high school in Accra.
He completed his senior high education at St. Peters Senior High School in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
Magnom later obtained his Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree from the University of Ghana , Legon where he studied Psychology, Linguistics, and Religion.
Music Production Career
Magnom initially had it tough with his parents accepting his new-found love, music production as his professional job instead of it being just a hobby.
He weathered that storm and started producing music professionally when he was in the university.
Magnom quickly got connected to several mainstream artistes because of the link he had with fellow rapper, Asem who then had become big.
Tours and notable performances
Record producer Magnom made his first appearance by performing at Roc NYE Celebrations on New Year’s Eve at Kigali Serena Hotel.
This performance happened outside Ghana in Kigali, Rwanda.
After his acceptance by the good people of Rwanda, Magnom referred to Kigali as his second home.
Popular Songs Magnom has produced for Sarkodie, others
Hit songs Magnom has produced for other artistes include the following:
- Sarkodie — Illuminati (Official Music Video)
- Sarkodie — Bounce
- Sarkodie ft. Stonebwoy — Currency
- Samini ft. Popcaan — Violate
- VVIP ft. PhyNo & Idris Elba — Selfie (Remix)
- Edem ft. Reekado Banks — NyeDziLo
- Edem ft. Lil Shaker & Ice Queen — Koene
- Edem ft Coded — Wicked and Bad
- Asem — Wasted
Songs owned by Magnom as a recording artiste
- Magnom — “Kpa”
- Magnom — “Too Fine”
- Magnom — “Make We Jet” ft. Pappy Kojo (production by Foreign Local)
- Magnom — “Iskoki” ft. Kelvyn Boy (production by Paq)
- Magnom — “Blazing” (production by NOVA)
- Magnom — “Fancy” ft. King Joey & Copta (production by Foreign Local)
- Magnom — “Smile” ft. Tibu (production by Yung D3mz)
- Magnom — “Nobody Badder” ft. DJ Bibini
- Magnom — “My Baby” ft. Joey B (Official Video)
- Magnom — “Knack”
- Magnom — “Whine am” ft. Social Mulla
- Magnom —- “Big Body” ft. Nshona Muzick (Official Music Video)……
- Magnom — “Maintain” ft. KaySo, Quamina MP, Twitch & Almighty Trei
- Magnom — “Ohemaa”
- Magnom — “Overfeed Me” ft Mr Eazi
- Magnom — “Bam Bam” ft. $pacely
- Magnom — “I Taya” ft Shatta Wale
- Magnom — “Tsoobi”
Awards / nominations
Magnom got his first nomination at the 2015 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards for the award, “Producer of the Year”.
The song he produced that got him the nomination was “Koene” by Edem ft. Lil Shaker & Ice Queen.
Magnom Email Contact:
Magnom Official Twitter Account:
@magnombeats or https://twitter.com/magnombeats
Magnom Official Instagram Account:
@magnombeats or https://instagram.com/magnombeats
Magnom Official Youtube Account:
Source: George Awaidem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com