When the many corrupt Ghanaian police officers are out there chasing after unsuspecting citizens into their rooms to demand bribes from them, there is just one officer out of the few ‘good’ ones who has decided to publicly defy that ‘order’.
He is none other than police officer Bitrim Jacob who comes from Saboba in the Chereponi District of Northern Ghana.
According to Mr Bitrim Jacob who is known on social media as Evangelist Jake (The Police Preacher), taking bribe as a police officer can potentially get an innocent person jailed.
The Police Preacher believes that taking bribe can bring upon the taker, sickness, bad luck, and a lot of problems.
In a facebook post, Mr Bitrim aka Evangelist Jake listed the 10 reasons why it is abominable to take bribe in the line of duty as a police officer.
Mr. Bitrim Jacob aka Evangelist Jake — The Police Preacher — is a product of TRINITY THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY, Legon, Accra, Ghana.
BieGyaNation.Com only hopes (not the Maame Tiwaa Addo Danquah kind of hope ooO) that by making this public declaration, Mr. Bitrim won’t be posted to any of the villages with no internet access so that we won’t be able to get more updates from him. Hehehehehe!
Read his 10 reasons below:
- By GOD’s grace, I’m very much content with my salary
- Taking bribe might send an innocent person to prison
- Bribes are curses in disguise to me
- Bribe brings sickness, Bad luck and problems to the taker
- Bribe taking will always cause the reoccurring of Crimes
- I will give an account to my creator when I die
- I respect myself, my job, my (Inspector General of Police, IGP), and my country
- I must be trusted in my uniform as a police officer
- I must be a role model to the upcoming ones who desire to be police officers in future.
- GOD will judge me someday according to my deeds on earth
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com