Kofi Jamar Biography
Born Derrick Osei Kuffour Prempeh, Kofi Jamar is a Ghanaian hip hop artiste, singer, and songwriter from Bantama, Kumasi.
His Great Grandfather is the late King of the Golden Stool and Royal of the Asante Kingdom, Otumfuo Nana Agyemang Prempeh I.
- Kofi Jamar Biography
- Kofi Jamar Age & Date of Birth
- Meaning of Kofi Jamar
- Kofi Jamar Early Life, Childhood, Parents, Hometown, Family, Siblings
- Kofi Jamar Senior High School (SHS)
- Kofi Jamar worked as a Pallbearer, Security man before fame
- Kofi Jamar Music Career
- Kofi Jamar Album
- Kofi Jamar Hit Songs
- Kofi Jamar Philanthropy, Donation
- Kofi Jamar Awards, Nominations
- FOR BOOKINGS
- Kofi Jamar Instagram
- Kofi Jamar Facebook
- Kofi Jamar Twitter
Kofi Jamar Age & Date of Birth
Derrick Osei Kuffour Prempeh aka Kofi Jamar was born on Friday, April 7th, 1995.
The “Ekorso” hitmaker is currently 26 years old and will be 27 come April this year, 2022.
Meaning of Kofi Jamar
“Kofi” is a Twi name for any male born on Friday in the Akan speaking communities in Ghana.
“Jamar”, according to Kofi Jamar, is a Jewish name which simply means “God given”. Simply put, Kofi Jamar is God given Friday born person.
Note that when Yours Truly, BieGyaNation.Com made its independent verification of the meaning of Jamar, we got varied/different interpretations to it.
Kofi Jamar Early Life, Childhood, Parents, Hometown, Family, Siblings
Derrick Osei Kuffour Prempeh was born to Mr and Mrs. Prempeh in Bantama, Kumasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
The “Mi Dey Up” hitmaker has two siblings back in Kumasi.
Even though the “Ekorso” hitmaker is very humble, he has cautioned people not to see his humbleness as his weakness because he is one of the most troublesome guys anyone can ever find, and that, it is not for nothing that he was born and raised in Bantama.
“Never mistake my humbleness for something else man, I’m one of the most troublesome niggas you will ever come across. I wasn’t born and raised in Bantama for nothing. #Takenote,” Kofi tweeted.
Kofi Jamar, who was born and raised in Bantama, has also advised the new and up and coming hitmakers not to disrespect old artistes like Shatta Wale, Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, among others because they (the old) paved the way for them (the new artistes).
Kofi Jamar Senior High School (SHS)
Kofi Jamar started his education at Bethel Preparatory School where he completed his junior high school education.
Jamar went to Asanteman Senior High School in the heart of Kumasi, Ashanti Region for his senior high education.
When a Twitter user, @ThanqGod_ asked him which University he attended because he exhibits maturity and intellect in his posts, Kofi Jamar surprisingly said it was silly for him to attend University because he sees the universe as one city.
Kofi Jamar worked as a Pallbearer, Security man before fame
Before Kofi Jamar became famous and well-known for his music exploits, the struggles of life made him endure a number of odd jobs.
He started life as a Pallbearer after completing Asanteman Senior High School in Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana.
The “Ekorso” hitmaker later left his pallbearer job to become a security guard before he found fame.
Kofi Jamar Music Career
Kofi Jamar started pursuing his music career at a very young age.
Because the hood he comes from (Bantama) is a hub for street jams, young Kofi Jamar always made sure he was right in front of the stage to witness seasoned artistes like Lord Kenya, Okyeame Kwame & Okyeame Quophi (then known as Akyeame), Ancestors, others perform.
Jamar has over the years amassed his support from the youth of the major towns in Kumasi including the Universities and Senior High Schools in the Ashanti Region.
He hit the limelight at age 18, earning many fans along the way after contesting in Solid FM’s Freestyle Saturday competition where he emerged the winner. The previous title holder of the same competition was Strongman.
Jamar got a lot more attention when he did a cover version of Nigeria’s Afrobeat star Yemi Alade’s Jonny song with a colleague rapper named Obey.
In 2018, he was signed to Gadone Records — a Ghanaian based Virginian record label.
In 2020, he dropped a Kumerican drill song titled “Ekorso” featuring Yaw Tog and Ypee. The song was number 1 on Ghana iTunes for days. That was his breakthrough.
Kofi Jamar Album
- The Truth EP
- Apetite For Destruction
Kofi Jamar Hit Songs
- Ekorso ft. Yaw TOG & Ypee
- Mi dey Up Remix featuring Stonebwoy
- In The City featuring Ice Prince & Khaligrapgh Jones
- Kyer3 Me featuring S3fa
- Asuoden featuring Medikal
- Make You Mine
- Champion Sound III
- They Don’t Know
- 1,000 Hours
Kofi Jamar Philanthropy, Donation
In April 2019, Kofi Jamar in celebrating his birthday donated some educational materials to the pupil of Ayikuma RC Basic School in the Ashanti Region of Ghana.
The donation according to Kofi, was to aid the children in learning and thereby enhance their education.
Kofi Jamar Awards, Nominations
- 2021 — Best Collaboration of Ashanti (Kofi Jamar Feat. Yaw Tog & Ypee – ‘Ekorso’) — @Ashanti Music Awards — Winner!
- 2021 — Breakthrough Act of the Year — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2021 — EP of the Year (The Truth) — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Reggae/Dancehall Song of the Year — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Best Video of The Quarter (In The City ft. Ice Prince & Khaligraph Jones) — Bangerz of the Quarter Awards organized by Muse Africa — Winner!
- 2020 — Best Hip Hop song of the Quarter (In The City ft. Ice Prince & Khaligraph Jones) — Bangerz of the Quarter Awards (by Muse Africa) — Winner!
- 2020 — Afropop Song of the Year (‘Mi Dey Up’ ft. Stonebwoy) — Ashanti Region Music Awards — Winner!
- 2020 — Afropop Artist of the Year — Ashanti Region Music Awards — Winner!
- 2019 — Unsung Artiste — @Greater Accra Music Awards #GAMA19 — Nominated
EMAIL: [email protected] TEL: +233591700127
Kofi Jamar Instagram
@kofijamar or https://www.instagram.com/kofijamar/
Kofi Jamar Facebook
@kofijamar or https://web.facebook.com/kofijamar
Kofi Jamar Twitter
@KofiJamar or https://twitter.com/KofiJamar
Source: George Awaidem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com