Deloris Frimpong Manso Biography: Age, Husband, Child
Who is Deloris Frimpong Manso aka Delay Ghana?
Born Deloris Frimpong Manso, Delay is a Ghanaian radio & television personality, entrepreneur, actress, and women’s advocate.
She is best known for the production of the popular television series, Afia Schwarzenegger.
As a business woman, Delay owns a company that locally produces products like “Delay Mackerel”, “Delay Sardine”, among others.
Locally referred to as Frimpomaa, Delay is the host of “The Delay Show”, which is one of the popular TV shows in Ghana, and it is aired on TV3 this and every Sunday at GMT 5:30PM.
- Who is Deloris Frimpong Manso aka Delay Ghana?
- How Old Is Deloris Frimpong Manso aka Delay Ghana?
- What caused the death of Delay's mother?
- Senior High School and University Education
- Did Deloris Frimpong Manso give birth?
- Radio and Television Career
- Film and Television Shows
- Businesses, Companies, Entrepreneurship
- Net Worth
- Motivational Public Speaker
- Delay to become the first female President of Ghana?
- Women’s Advocacy
- Foundation, Charity and Donations
- Awards, Honours and Recognition
- Delay Ghana Instagram
Deloris Frimpong-Manso aka Delay was born on Friday, June 25th, 1982.
How Old Is Deloris Frimpong Manso aka Delay Ghana?
The Television personality is currently 40 years and will be 41 years come June this year, 2023.
Delay was born to Mr and Mrs Frimpong-Manso in Nkawkaw in the Eastern Region of Ghana.
What caused the death of Delay’s mother?
Life became unbearable for Delay after her biological mother sadly passed on in 2003.
The death of her mother left a big vacuum and she had to fill that by taking care of her two siblings.
In celebration of her late mother on Mother’s Day on May 10th, 2020, Delay wrote:
“Mama, I miss you everyday especially today! I’m putting in my sweat, tears and blood just to make you proud someday. Happy Mother’s Day! RIP!”
Senior High School and University Education
Delay went to Aburi Girl’s Senior High School in the Eastern Region of Ghana for her senior high school education.
She proceeded to the Methodist University College in Ghana.
Deloris Frimpong Manso aka Delay has kept her love life very secret from the public for a long time.
Ever since the TV host became popular, very little has been known about her past and present relationships.
However, there are rumours of Delay currently dating one of Ghana’s best rappers, Amerado.
Did Deloris Frimpong Manso give birth?
Rumours were recently rife on the internet that Delay had given birth to a beautiful bouncing baby girl at a secret location.
In fact, congratulatory messages started pouring in from well wishers, friends, and followers, the very moment news went out there that the presenter had given birth.
Delay, however, came out to deny those rumours of her having given birth.
Radio and Television Career
At age 17, Deloris Frimpong Manso had already started her broadcasting career as a presenter at Life FM in Nkawkaw in the Eastern Region of Ghana in the year, 1999.
As a presenter at Life FM, Delay was then affectionately called Frimpomaa.
She later relocated to the Ashanti Region and worked briefly at the defunct “Nkosuo” Radio in Kumasi.
After the death of her mother in 2003, Delay almost gave up her dream and aspirations of becoming one of the top female presenters in Ghana and as a result, went into hibernation for 2 years.
She returned to Top Radio in Accra in the year, 2005, and took over the mid-morning show in the capital city till 2007.
In 2007, Delay took part in the Presenters Guide competition show which saw no winner declared as a result of the death of Peace FM’s Mufti Dabre who was also a participant.
Read This: Efia Odo Biography: real age, marriage, parents, sakawa boyfriends, Shatta Wale, place of birth, education, Slay Queen or a Celebrity?Efia Odo biography
She was chosen to be the presenter of an entertainment television programme, “Onie” but was replaced with another presenter on the program just after doing 8 episodes.
Delay was later poached by the then newly established Oman FM in 2007 and worked there until 2016.
Whilst she worked at Oman Fm as a presenter, Delay started her own television program, “The Delay Show” in 2008 which was previously aired on TV3 (now on GHOne Television).
In 2011, Delay began a new mega hit production known as “Afia Schwarzenegger” which was written and produced by her.
Delay’s television production company, Maxgringo Productions started yet another television series titled ”Cocoa Brown” which was a story loosely based on her own true life story.
Film and Television Shows
- “The Delay Show” (started from 2009 to date) — A controversial television show in Ghana where quests on the show are ‘forced’ by the host and executive producer, Deloris Frimpong-Manso, to cough out answers.
- “Afia Schwarzenegger” (started from 2009 to 2016) — A Television series that used to star controversial media personality, Afia Schwarzenegger with Delay as the producer.
- “Cocoa Brown” (started from 2015 to 2018) — A television drama series that is executive-produced by Deloris Frimpong-Manso and based on the rise of her life as a TV personality.
Businesses, Companies, Entrepreneurship
Delay has risen above all odds in life to become one of the few successful young Ghanaian business women.
She now owns a company, Maxgringo Productions (started in 2012) and Delay Foods that locally produces Delay Mackerel, Delay Sardine, Delay Spaghetti, and Delay Tomato Paste.
Today, Deloris employs over 35 workers cutting down on the unemployment situation in Ghana.
Deloris also has a shoe and ladies bag collection store which is known as “Smooch”.
As a successful executive producer, Delay has produced and self-financed some of the popular television series in our time.
They include: Afia Schwarzenegger, The Delay Show, and Cocoa Brown.
Deloris Frimpong Manso aka Delay is successful business woman who makes quite a substantial amount of money from the sale of her Delay products like “Delya Mackerel”, “Delay Sardine”, among others.
Delay currently has an estimated net worth of $1,000,000 USD
Motivational Public Speaker
As an experienced media personality, and after having gone through a lot of difficulties in life, Delay has been giving inspirational and motivational speeches to the teeming youth of Ghana.
She shares her life experiences to motivate and encourage the youth especially young women to strive hard to excel in life.
- In 2018, Delay was the main speaker at the International Youth Empowerment Summit (iYES) conference which happened at the National Theatre.
- Delay also served as the main speaker at the 2nd Women’s CEO Summit using herself as an example of a successful entrepreneur who now owns a company that produces Delay Mackerel and Sardine. The event brought together successful women who were there to share their life experiences to motivate others.
Delay to become the first female President of Ghana?
Deloris Frimpong-Manso has consistently maintained that her dream of becoming the first female president of Ghana come 2030 is still on.
The media personality strongly believes that as a 21st century woman, there should be no impediments in her way in rising to the top.
Delay has, over the years, been on the front line as women’s advocate fighting for the underprivileged young African women in society.
During the early years of her career as a woman, she faced a lot of challenges and became a victim of stereotyping by some people who didn’t see anything ‘good’ in her.
In a report by livefmghana, Deloris said:
“when I came into this industry I was labeled not beautiful enough and bush amongst other demeaning tags but that didn’t stop me.”
As a result, she has taken it upon herself to motivate and inspire young African women who have no personalities to look up to as their role models.
Foundation, Charity and Donations
Delori Frimpong-Manso launched her foundation which is known as “Delay Foundation” in New York with Ambassador Nancy, Nikeya, Ms. Pitcan, Naasei, among others.
The foundation has the theme: “Grace By Dirt Of Hard Work”.
In October, 2020, she paid a visit to the Echoing Hills Orphanage where she made some donations to the institution.
She wrote after her visit:
“Disability is not Inability. A visit to Echoing Hills Orphanage.”
Awards, Honours and Recognition
- In 2020, Delay was the proud winner of the overall “Most Outstanding Woman of the Year” and “Outstanding Woman TV Personality and Entrepreneur of Year” at the third edition of the Ghana Outstanding Women Awards (GOWA).
- In 2019, Delay was chosen as one of the Ambassadors for iYES at the fifth edition of iYES launched in Accra.
- In 2018, Delay was the recipient of the “Women Empowerment Award” at the 3G Awards in New York. This was in recognition of her feminism and championing the course of women in society.
- In 2017, Delay was first on the list of Pulse Gh’s five most industrious celebrities in Ghana.
Delay Ghana Instagram
@delayghana OR https://www.instagram.com/delayghana/
@ delay_ghana_news OR https://www.instagram.com/delay_ghana_news/
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com