Amerado Katakyie Burner Biography:
Born Derrick Sarfo Kantanka, Amerado Katakyie Burner ‘The Beast’ is a Ghanaian hip hop artiste and songwriter born in Kumasi.
He is best known for the popular weekly dosage of “Yeete Nsem” which is a summary of the major trending news and happenings in the previous week.
“The Beast” as he is referred to, is signed to MicBurnerz Music & New Nation Music Reords.
Amerado Age & Date of Birth
Derrick Sarfo Kantanka aka Amerado was born on Tuesday, February 14, 1995.
Amerado Katakyie is currently 26 years of age and will be 27 come next year, 2022
Meaning of Amerado, nicknames
His name ‘Amerado’ is a Twi word which literally translates as the ‘governor’. It is also the initials of “A Master Every Rapper Always Dreams Of” (AMERADO).
Other nicknames Amerado Burner has include: “The Beast”, “The Hoodie Rapper”, “Twi Machine”, “Mogya Mono”, “Lyrical Bawumia”, “Beat Denkyem”, among others.
Amerado Childhood, Early Life, Parents, Family, Hometown, Siblings
Amerado was born to Mr. and Mrs. Kantaka in Ejisu, Kumasi in the Ashanti Region of Ghana where he was raised.
Amerado Senior High School (shs), University Education
Derrick Sarfo Kantanka completed KNUST Senior High School for his senior high school certificate.
Amerado Music Career
In 2015, Amerado’s music career smoothly took off when he was discovered by music producer, Azee Ntwene at the Solid FM Freestyle Saturday completion where he (Amerado) became the 2nd runner-up (third winner).
He was right away signed to Azee’s Mic Burnerz Music record label which then also had fellow rapper, Strongman Burner as one of its signed acts.
In 2016, Amerado was called upon by Ghanaian music producer, Mix Master Garzy to compose and feature on the “GH Youth All Stars” song which served as the official peace song for the 2016 general elections held in Ghana.
In 2017, he released his lead single titled “I Am” which shot him to prominence in the music industry and was also listed by Pulse Ghana as the 3rd in the Top 10 Ghanaian songs of January 2017.
In November 2017, Amerado released his debut Extended Play (EP) titled “Rapmare” under MicBurnez’s record label.
In December 2018, he was featured on “Biibi Ba” by Africa’s best rapper, Sarkodie. The “Biibi Ba” song got a nomination at the 2019 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards for the “Best Hiphop Song” and “Best Edited Video“.
On October 1st, 2020, hiplife legend Reggie Rockstone took to his Twitter page to heap praises on Amerado as one of the best rappers ever to come from Ghana.
The African Dancehall King, Shatta Wale in trying to push the Kumerican agenda collaborated with Amerado and other Kumasi-based artistes including Kofi Jamar, Kweku Flick, Phrimpong, Phaize, King Paluta, and YPee to release the hit song, “Ahodwo Las Vegas” which has over 1million views on Youtube.
Some of the respected Ghanaian music producers he has worked with include Possi Gee, Tubhani Muzik, Jo Kole, Lawrence Beat, Mix Master Garzy, Azee Ntwene, SmokeyBeatz, Snowbeatz, iTz CJBeatz, Awaga, and Two Bars.
Amerado Yete Nsem Episodes
In 2020, Amerado kick-started his much anticipated “Yeete Nsem” project.
The “Yeete Nsem Episodes” is a weekly dosage of news trending in Ghana and elsewhere about Ghanaians within each week and its intended purpose, is to entertain Ghanaians.
The project which is released with audio visuals on Youtube this and every Friday, currently has about 36 Episodes.
The first episode which was released on Friday, May 22, 2020, talked about personalities like Patapaa, Article Wan, Nana Ama Mcbrown, Nana Yaa Brefo, Kennedy Agyapong, Obinim, Joe Mettle, and Patience Nyarko.
Amerado Hit Songs
- I Am
- At My Back
- Beast Attitude
- Peace Forever (as a featured act) by Mix Master Garzy
- Kporda Remix (as a featured act) by Edem
- Redemption I
- Redemption II
- Pistol ft Cabum
- Gods ft Kuami Eugene & Koo Ntakra
- Biibi Ba (as a featured act) by Sarkodie
- Twa So ft Fameye
- Box Of Memories
- Kyer3 Me ft Okyeame Kwame
- Ahodwo Las Vegas (as a featured act) by Shatta Wale
- Best Rapper
- Dawgi ft. Sarkodie
- Indelible Flow
- Taxi Driver
Amerado Awards, Nominations, Recognition
- 2021 — Best Rapper of the Year — @3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2021 — Digital Act of the Year — @3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Rapper (Best Music Video) — @Entertainment Achievement Awards — Nominated
- 2021 — Most Influential Ghanaian Act of the Year — @Global Music Awards Africa — Nominated
- 2020 — Rapper of the Year — @One Awards Ghana — Winner!
- 2020 — Best Rapper of the Year — @Ghana Entertainment Choice Awards — Winner!
- 2020 — Influential Act In Ashanti — @Ashanti Music Awards — Winner!
- 2020 — Influential Act In Ghana — @Eastern Music Awards — Winner!
- 2020 — Hiplife Song of the Quarter (Twa So) — @Muse Bangerz of the Quarter — Nominated
- 2020 — Discovery Lyricist of the Year — @COPO Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Best collaboration of the Year (Twa So) — @Ashanti Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Artist of the Year — @Ashanti Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Best Rapper of the Year — @Ashanti Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Non-Gama Artiste of the Year — @Greater Accra Music Awards — Nominated
- 2019 — Emerging Artist of the Year — @Emerging Music Awards Ghana — Nominated
- 2019 — Most Popular Artist of the Year — @Emerging Music Awards Ghana — Nominated
- 2019 — Rapper of the Year (Redemption Freestyle) — @Emerging Music Awards Ghana — Nominated
- 2019 — Hiplife Artist of the Year — @Emerging Music Awards Ghana — Nominated
- 2019 — Uncovered Artiste of the Year — @Ghana Music Awards UK — Nominated
- 2019 — Next Rated Act — @3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2018 — Most Promising Artiste — @Ghana Music Awards SA — Nominated
- 2018 — Best Newcomer Video (I Am) — @3RD TV Music Video Awards — Nominated
- 2018 — Artiste of the Year — @Kumasi Awards Night — Winner!
- 2018 — Best Rapper of the Year — @Kumasi Awards Night — Nominated
- 2017 — Best Rapper Of The Year @Kumasi Awards Night — Nominated
- 2017 — Artiste of the Year — @Kumasi Awards Night — Nominated
Amerado Facebook Account
@AmeradoOfficial or https://web.facebook.com/AmeradoOfficial
Amerado Instagram Account
@amerado_burner or https://www.instagram.com/amerado_burner/
Amerado Twitter Account
@Amerado_Burner or https://twitter.com/Amerado_Burner
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com