Adina Thembi Biography Profile
Born Adina Thembi Ndamse, Adina is an award-winning Ghanaian-South African Highlife & Afropop singer, songwriter, actress, model, and brand ambassador.
In 2008, she became the ultimate winner of the music reality show, Stars of the Future — which is organized by Charterhouse.
Adina is best known for her hit single “Too Late” which was released on Sep 30, 2016 and currently has over 1.4million views on Youtube.
The song, ‘Too Late’ won for Adina two awards namely “Record of the Year” & “Best Female Vocalist of the Year” at the 2017 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
In March 2021, Adina was chosen among the Top 30 Most Influential Women in Music by the 3Music Awards Women’s Brunch.
- Adina Thembi Biography Profile
- Adina Thembi Age & Date of Birth
- Adina Childhood, Early Life, Parents, Sisters, Family, Hometown, Tribe
- Adina Thembi Senior High School (shs), University Education
- Adina & mother caught in the Liberian Civil War, lost her dad & how they fled to Ghana
- Adina Boyfriend, Marriage, Relationship, Husband
- Adina Music Career
- Adina Albums
- Adina Hit Songs
- Adina as Brand Amassador, Model
- Adina Awards, Nominations, Recognition
- Adina Contact, Bookings:
- Adina Thembi Instagram
- Adina Thembi Twitter
- Adina Thembi Facebook
Adina Thembi Age & Date of Birth
Adina Thembi Ndamse was born on Tuesday, October 3rd, 1989 in Liberia.
The ‘Why’ singer is currently 32 years old and will be 33 come October next year, 2022.
Adina Childhood, Early Life, Parents, Sisters, Family, Hometown, Tribe
Adina Thembi Ndamse was born to a Ghanaian mother Auntie Mercy Ndamse and a South African father, the late Dr. Richard Sekumbuzo Ndamse in Liberia.
Adina is a Fante girl from Cape Coast and the youngest of two girls.
Her grandmother, Obaapanin Ekuwa Takowa aka Madam Matilda P. died at the age of 102 years sometime in 2018.
Adina and her elder sister, Baaba Phakade, were single-handedly raised by their mom because their father died very early in their lives.
Adina Thembi Senior High School (shs), University Education
Adina went to Wesley Girls’ High School for her senior high school education.
She joined Central University in Accra where she graduated with a degree in Environmental and Development Studies.
Adina & mother caught in the Liberian Civil War, lost her dad & how they fled to Ghana
The “Makoma” singer has told a sad story about how she, together with her mother and family, forever lost contact with her father and how they fled from the Liberian civil war that broke out in the 80s and 90s.
According to Adina, her mum told her that when she was born in Liberia and her late father — who was then in another region in Liberia — was called on phone and told about it (her birth), he predicted she (Adina) was going to be a great singer.
“I was born in Liberia during the civil war. Just around the time I was born, my father wasn’t in the same region. He was working elsewhere and so he had to be called and told of my mum having given birth to me. He was like oh, she’s going to be called Adina Thembi Ndamse and she will be a singer who will sing all over the world,” Adina said to Andy Dosty on Hitz FM.
On how they lost contact with her South African dad who is deceased and how they escaped the war to Ghana, the “Too Late” singer said her father only saw her when she was a baby.
And when the war intensified, they had to run for their lives without her father, who was not with them, to the ECOMOG ship that evacuated them to Ghana.
“He saw me when I was a baby. We had to run to Ghana and because he was not with us, we went towards the ECOMOG ship. We really run for our dear lives. My Dad was somewhere else.
“Apparently, he got away on an NGO plane which was flying to South AFrica (S.A) and they said to him, you have a chance to go, you either take it and go or stay here and die and so he joined and we lost touch and he never saw me after Liberia. He was looking all over for me but hey life is life,” Adina said during the Day Break Hitz interview with Andy Dosty.
Adina Boyfriend, Marriage, Relationship, Husband
It has been rumoured severally that the boyfriend of Adina is the one who manages her.
And we are talking about no other personality than Kwame Farkye of 3FM 92.7 fm in Accra.
The two have neither denied nor confirmed their rumoured amorous relationship.
Kwame Farkye aka Mr Swift, who was formerly with Atlantis Radio and LIVE 91.9 FM, now works with 3FM 92.7 fm in the Greater Accra Region.
He is also the main brain behind the record label, ‘New African Movement‘ which manages Adina.
Adina Music Career
Adina Thembi started her music career by singing at an early age.
She became part of the National Theatre Choir where she got the opportunity to perform at Kidafest and Fun World shows.
Few months after graduating from Weslel Girls’ High School, Adina joined the music reality show, ‘Stars Of The Future‘ — organized by Charterhouse.
She (at age 19) was eventually crowned the winner of the 2008 Stars Of The Future completion.
For her prize, she was given one car and a recording deal that marked the beginning of her music career.
Adina Hit Songs
- Killing Me Softly ft. Kuami Eugene
- Take Care Of You ft. Stonebwoy
- Too Late
- Makoma ft. Sarkodie
- On My Way
- Boom Boom Beat
Adina as Brand Amassador, Model
Adina has, for the past two years, been the face of AfroMod Trends — a Ghanaian fashion house.
She recently had an endorsement deal with Kaela De Jean — a cosmetic brand.
Adina Awards, Nominations, Recognition
- 2021 — Best Female Video (Why) — @4Syte TV Music Video Awards — Winner!
- 2021 — ReggaeDancehall Song of the Year (Why) — @3Music Awards 2021 — Winner!
- 2021 — Woman of the Year — @3Music Awards 2021 — Winner!
- 2021 — Best Female Artiste of the Year — @Entertainment Achievement Awards — Winner!
- 2021 — Artiste of the Year — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Album of the Year (Araba) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Afrobeats/Afropop Artiste of the Year — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Collaboration of the Year (Take Care Of You ft. Stonebwoy) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Female Vocal Performance of the Year (Hear Me) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Record of the Year (Daddy’s Little Girl) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Songwriter of the Year (Adina-Hyedin) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Music Song of the Year (Why) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Songwriter of the Year (Adina-Hyedin) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Afrobeats/Afropop Song of the Year (Take Care Of You ft. Stonebwoy) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2021 — Best Reggae Dancehall Song of the Year (Why) — @VGMA 2021 — Nominated
- 2020 — Record of the Year — @VGMA 2020 — Nominated
- 2018 — Best Female Vocalist of the Year — @VGMA 2018 — Winner!
- 2017 — Afropop Song of the Year — @VGMA 2017 — Winner!
- 2017 — Best Female Vocalist of the Year — @VGMA 2017 — Winner!
- 2016 — Record of the Year — @VGMA 2016 — Nominated
- 2016 — Afropop Song of the Year — @VGMA 2016 — Nominated
- 2016 — Best Female Vocalist of the Year — @VGMA 2016 — Nominated
Adina Contact, Bookings:
Call ☎+233 (0) 265 111 887 or Email: [email protected]
Adina Thembi Instagram
@adina_thembi or https://www.instagram.com/adina_thembi/
Adina Thembi Twitter
@Adina_Thembi or https://twitter.com/Adina_Thembi
Adina Thembi Facebook
@AdinaThembi or https://www.facebook.com/AdinaThembi
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com