The National Identification Authority (NIA) of Ghana, headed by Professor Ken Attafuah, has devised a simple way for all eligible Ghanaians living in Ghana and abroad to register their “Ghana Card” online.
This is as a result of the many challenges encountered during the ongoing Mass Registration at the various registration centers across the country, BieGyaNation.Com has noted.
NOTE: It is free to register for the Ghana Card during the mass registration. However, a certain amount of money that will be determined by the NIA will be charged when the mass registration is over at the end of March, 2020.
Documents needed to Apply for a Ghana Card online:
Here are the necessary documents you need to have before you can apply for a Ghana Card.
Note: you don’t necessarily need to have all the documents stated below:
- Birth Certificate — (Mandatory)
- Digital Address Code generated by the Ghana Post Service (GPS) app — (Mandatory)
- Ghanaian Passport — (not mandatory if you already have a certified Ghana Birth Certificate)
- One generally accepted Ghanaian ID Cards (Proof of Nationality)
- Voter ID Card
- Driver’s License
- NHIS Card
- SSNIT Card
Steps to follow on how to apply for your Ghana Card online:
If you are certain you have the above documents, simply head over to the NIA portal: Register Here
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It has come to our notice that the NIA’s portal is facing some technical difficulties (DNS misconfiguration) and is currently offline.
Yours Truly, BieGyaNation.Com shall surely update you when it is back online.
What to do as you open the link
- Create an account and verify with your phone number
- A verification code will be sent to your phone
- Enter the received code and continue with the process
- You will then be taken to the dashboard and from there;
- Click on “Start New Application” and a new page will be opened for you to start
- Once there, fill out your full name with the correct spellings in the boxes provided
- The next page is designed to fill out details such as the colour of eyes, hair and others. At least, you can skip this part if you are sure what to provide as the NIA will assist you when you visit the their offices to continue rest of the application process
- When completely done with the filling, just go over to correct any mistake made
- When done, just hit the “YES” button to complete the application process.
- After hitting the “YES” button, a message will be sent to your Email inbox for an option to download or print out all the information you entered during the application process.
- You will need to take the downloaded form or printed out information to any of the offices of the National Identification Authority registration center to finish the entire process so you can receive your card.
- Please, make sure you go along with all the needed and necessary documents for a smooth completion of the process.
Period of time to receive your Ghana Card:
According to the NIA, the ideal situation is to receive your Ghana Card instantly after the submission of all the needed documents.
However, coupled with internet & electricity challenges, and some other technical hitches, you may be asked to come on a proposed date by the officers in charge.
Source: George Awiadem Maclean, BieGyaNation.Com