Cina Soul Biography, Profile
Born Christie Quincyna Quarcoopome, Cina Soul is a Ghanaian afro-pop and highlife singer, songwriter, recording artist, and actress.
She was one of the finalists of the 2014 Vodafone Ghana Music Icons competition which was held in Accra, Ghana.
She has musical influences from the likes of Anita Baker, Brandy, Sade, Aretha Franklin, Aṣa, and Whitney Houston.
- Cina Soul Biography, Profile
- Cina Soul real name
- Cina Soul Age and Date of Birth
- Early Life, Childhood, Parents, Hometown, Family, Tribe
- Senior High School, shs, University
- Cina Soul Husband, Boyfriend, Kidi and Cina Soul Wedding, Relationship
- Cina Soul denies KiDi, introduces her boyfriend on the Delay Show
- Music Career, Record Label: Universal Music Group
- Cina Soul Movies
- Cina Soul Performances
- Cina Soul Hit Songs
- Cina Soul Albums, EPs
- Awards, Nominations, Honours
- Cina Soul Instagram
- Cina Soul Twitter
- Cina Soul Twitter
- Is Kidi married to Cina Soul?
Cina Soul real name
Her real local ‘Ga’ name is Naa Kla Manye. She goes by the stage name, Cina Soul, and is known in private life as Christie Quincyna Quarcoopome.
Cina Soul Age and Date of Birth
Christie Quincyna Quarcoopome aka Cina Soul was born on Friday, May 3rd, 1996.
The ‘Killi Mi‘ singer is currently 25 years of age and will be 26 come next year, 2022.
Early Life, Childhood, Parents, Hometown, Family, Tribe
Cina Soul (Naa Kla Manye) was born to Ghanaian parents in Accra, Ghana.
Cina is a typical Ga girl who hails from Jamestown in Accra.
She was born and raised in the heart of Kokomelemele, a suburb of Accra, Ghana.
Cina Soul is originally a Ga native and has her descendants from a Ga Tribe of Accra.
She is the second born of three sisters of her parents. Both her older and younger sisters are also talented singers — a talent they might have inherited from their father.
Senior High School, shs, University
Cina Soul had her junior high school education at Deyoungsters International School.
She completed Aburi Girls Senior High School for her senior high school education.
Cina gained admission to the University of Ghana, where studied Psychology and Archaeology.
Cina Soul Husband, Boyfriend, Kidi and Cina Soul Wedding, Relationship
Cina Soul and Ghanaian afro-pop singer, KiDi, have long been rumoured to be dating each other.
Although Cina Soul has publicly denied the allegation of ever having any amorous relationship with KiDi, the issue still keeps coming back every now and then.
Whilst some Ghanaians think there is nothing going on between the two, many others think otherwise.
In a recently released movie by KiDi which is titled, ‘SUGAR‘, the two are seen passionately k!ssing each other, and this to a very large extent, has fueled the allegation that, indeed, there is something happening between them.
Cina Soul has also made some public utterances that make some Ghanaians conclude that there is something fishy going on between herself and KiDi.
The ‘Ojorley’ singer is on record to have said that she wouldn’t mind taking Kidi’s son, Zane Dwamena, as her own.
Anyway, the two seem to gel well and would make a perfect couple.
Cina Soul denies KiDi, introduces her boyfriend on the Delay Show
“((Laughs))…Well, no, no! Kidi and I are just friends. Honestly, we are just friends. We went to Legon (University of Ghana) together. He coached me when I joined Vodafone Ghana Music Icons. He trained me on how to use my voice to sing before I joined the competition. So we have this connection. And honestly, I think he is a gorgeous man. He looks very handsome to me but we are just friends.”
Anyway, it all looks like Cina Soul has a boyfriend she has been dating all this while but says her man wants to stay low-key and doesn’t want to be talked about at all.
This is what she said when the issue of her boyfriend came up during the interview with Delay:
According to Cina, she met her current boyfriend (not KiDi) through a friend of hers and they have since remained as tight lovers.
Music Career, Record Label: Universal Music Group
In 2014, Cina Soul started her professional music career by joining the Vodafone Ghana Music Icons competition.
Out of the many, Cina emerged as one of the best finalists.
After participating in the Vodafone Ghana Music Icons competition, Cina Soul began doing a series of cover songs and mashups of some popular songs, including Mr Eazi’s Bankulize and Cyna’s Bamidele.
In 2016, she released her debut album titled; ‘Metanoia’ which featured seasoned artistes such as M.anifest, Worlasi, and KiDi.
Songs like ‘Awo’ and ‘Julor’ from her ‘Metanoia’ album earned her spots on the various chart shows in Ghana.
In 2017, Cina Soul immensely contributed to the Black Girls Glow Project which was launched by by Dzyadzorm and Poetra Asantewa in the same year, 2017.
In July 2017, Cina Soul, together with Adomaa, Fu, and Ria Boss, as a group released their first album titled, ‘Mother of Heirs’.
In early 2018, Cina released her first single titled, ’00:01′, after her Extended Play (EP) ‘Metanoia’, which got her signed to her current record label, Universal Music Group, based in Nigeria.
In 2019, She released her second record titled ’12:01′ and her debut single titled ‘Adukwei’ under the new record label, Universal Music Group.
The ‘Adukwei’ song, which was produced by Nii Quaye, is performed in her local dialect, Ga, and was recorded ahead of the 2019 edition of the Homowo festival — a festival celebrated by the Ga people of Accra, Ghana.
Cina Soul Movies
- Gold Coast Lounge
Cina Soul Performances
In December, 2017, Cina Soul performed at the Allianz Awards, the Goethe-Institut alongside Nana Yaa at the “Ghana Goes Germany”.
At the 2017 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards, Cina Soul and artistes like Deon Boakye, CJ, Eugine, A.J lyricx, Afezzi Perry, and eShun in the Unsung Category performed to the admiration of the audience at the event.
Cina also hosted her own concert themed, ‘Metanoia X’.
Cina Soul Hit Songs
- 2016 — Julor (feat. M.anifest).
- 2016 — Lovers’ Tiff.
- 2016 — Lolonye (feat. Worlasi).
- 2016 — Baddo (feat. KiDi), produced by Oduni.
- 2016 — Mama No Like Me.
- 2016 — Next To You.
- 2016 — Awo.
- 2017 — Fresh Air (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa), produced by Keyzuz.
- 2017 — Doing The Most (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa, Adomaa), produced by Alex Wondergem.
- 2017 — Dumb (with Poetra Asantewa, Ria Boss), produced by EDWVN.
- 2017 — Conversations (Interlude) (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa, Adomaa), produced by KMRU.
- 2017 — Haystack (with Dzyadzorm), produced by Colin Shin.
- 2017 — Black is The Power (with Adomaa, Fu), produced by Alex Wondergem.
- 2017 — Humpty Dumpty (with Poetra Asantewa), produced by produced by Samplified.
- 2017 — Child’s Play (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa, Fu, Adomaa), produced by by Nii Quaye.
- 2018 — 00:01, produced by SFC Productions.
- 2018 — 12:01, produced by Pheelz.
- 2018 — Ojorley
- 2019 — Adukwei, produced by by Nii Quaye.
- 2019 — Killi Mi, produced by by Nii Quaye.
- 2021 — Feelings (feat. KiDi)
Cina Soul Albums, EPs
- Metanoia (EP) released in 2016: Julor (feat. M.anifest); Lovers’ Tiff; Lolnye (feat. Worlasi); Baddo (feat. KiDi); Mama No Like Me; Next To You; and Awo.
- Mother of Heirs (Album) released in 2017: Fresh Air (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa); Doing The Most (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa, Adomaa); Dumb (with Poetra Asantewa, Ria Boss); Conversations (Interlude) (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa, Adomaa); Haystack (with Dzyadzorm); Black is The Power (with Adomaa, Fu); Humpty Dumpty (with Poetra Asantewa); and Child’s Play (with Ria Boss, Poetra Asantewa, Fu, Adomaa).
- Pen & Paper, released in 2018: Hmmmh (feat. Ko-Jo Cue & Shaker), produced by BBnz.
Awards, Nominations, Honours
- 2019 — Best Photography (Ojorley) — @MTN 4syte TV Music Video Awards — Winner!
- 2020 — Best Video of the Year (Killi Mi) — @Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) — Winner!
- 2020 — Video of the Year (Ojorley) — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Highlife Song of the Year (Ojorley) — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Female Act of the Year — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Female Vocalist of the Year — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Highlife Act of the Year — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2020 — Best Live Performance — 3Music Awards — Nominated
- 2021 — Record of The Year (Die 4 U) — @Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) — Nominated
- 2021 — Female Vocalist of the Year (Die 4 U) — @Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA) — Nominated
Cina Soul Instagram
@cina_soul or https://www.instagram.com/cina_soul/
Cina Soul Twitter
@Cina_Soul or https://twitter.com/Cina_Soul
Cina Soul Twitter
@CinaSoul or https://web.facebook.com/CinaSoul
Source: George Awiadem Maclean | BieGyaNation.Com
Is Kidi married to Cina Soul?
They are not married for now as Cina Soul in many interviews has denied ever having any sexual relationship with Kidi. Anyway, anything is possible under this sun.